International Society for Technology in Education National Education Standards
Resources based off the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) National Education Technology Standards (NETS) for Teachers (T). (iste.nets.t)
1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
2. Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessment
3. Model Digital Age Work and Learning
4. Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility
5. Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
iste.nets.t.4 says to "Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility". It further outlines what this means:
a) Advocate, model, and teach safe, legal, and ethical use of digital information and technology, including respect for copyright, intellectual property, and the appropriate documentation of source.
b) Address the diverse needs of all learners by using learner-centered strategies providing equitable access to appropriate digital tools and resource.
c) Promote and model digital etiquette and responsible social interactions related to the use of technology and information.
d) Develop and model cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with colleagues and students of other cultures using digital age communication and collaboration tool.